SEO - Why SEO?
One of the questions I sometimes win asked by someone I meet for the first time, is "Why SEO? "
When this request is being asked by someone who is completely original to web marketing, then it's completely understandable - and I simply define what SEO means, and the seek information from is answered. But occasionally the put a question to "Why SEO? " comes from someone who knows exactly what SEO is, but is unsure as to why they need to bother about it.
I believe this inquire comes from the celebrated misconception that SEO has to be worked on constantly in order for it to work. If this were the case, then it could be argued that there would be no point, you may as well objective concentrate on pay per click marketing & other forms of paid marketing rather than continually invest in the services of an SEO consultant - or to continually invest with our fill time & inconvenience.
However the truth is that you do not have to work constantly on SEO for it to work properly - not if it's done correctly! If you're trying to consume cheats, shortcuts & loopholes, then yes you will have to constantly work on SEO, changing tactic constantly every time you lose your ranking, but if you do it the proper map, the white hat method - SEO which starts with splendid keyword research, and ends with lots of relevant & primary vow - then you will continue to back from targeted, free organic search engine traffic for a long time after the work is complete.
I peaceful have clients with top google positions from work I did 3-4 years ago, I'm not saying this is possible all the time, but SEO if done correctly will last for quite some time, and it is not the case that you continually have to work on SEO to withhold positions.
So, to retort the inquire "Why SEO? " the simple reply is that it is has always been, and level-headed is the most effective do of internet marketing, in terms of return on investment, and return on time invested.